Outsourcing your call center could be the best decision you can make to free up your time and allow you to focus on your core business. Due to its vast experience, call centers have gained expertise in specific industries such as telecommunications, technical support, financial, and retail, which made them industry experts and provided added value. Modern call centers are using innovative technology such as cloud-based solution that enhances their ability to provide speedy and high level customer service.
Outsourced call centers also provide access to multitude of experienced people and resources and capable of ramping up quickly to handle immediate needs if ever a large volume of calls will come unexpectedly to meet the market demands.
A lot could be said about the benefits of call center outsourcing, and once you decide to outsource, the next important decision you need to make is to find the best BPO who knows how to avoid common pitfalls and has enough experience to entrust your customers.
To get an informed decision, prepare some questions ahead before meeting your prospective partner. And to guide you, following are the questions you can refer to as you prepare your own.
- How would you manage the transition of my business?
- What specialized service do you have that sets you apart from your competitors?
- I have invested a lot of time and effort building my brand and reputation, if I hand over my customers to you, how will you demonstrate your commitment to my brand and company?
- How would you adhere to my company’s values, maintaining high level of quality and customer service?
- How do you train your agents for specific products? And do you have accent training if you use offshore agents?
- What specific metrics do you commonly use to gauge success and how do I get updates with regard to your performance?
- How do you keep confidential data secured?
- Do you have any emergency plans to ensure business continuity? What is your disaster recovery plan? Do you have a workable system in place to ensure minimal, if not uninterrupted business operation in cases of disruptive events?
- How do you comply with certain regulations and laws?
- If I decide to end our contract because I am not satisfied with the service, what exit strategies or plans do you have in place?
The success of most outsourced call center relationships are based on good communication. Both parties should work together to ensure that your goals are met. Communicating each of your expectations will not only benefit both your companies, but will lead to better customer service and satisfied customers. And as you move forward, it’s a good practice to recognize that your BPO provider, together with their agents deserve the same level of attention or recognition that you would provide your employees if they perform the same.