If you are from the South, then this is your call center, Western Wats. They are unique among the call center companies since they don't provide customer service or technical support. What they do, though is Market Research. They conduct surveys.
Market Research call centers collect data for a wide variety of agencies. These data collection efforts can help companies create better business plans and help them determine how to launch a new product or service, or how to fine tune existing products and services. It can be used to determine which portion of the population will purchase a product/service or how a constituency will vote for a particular candidate/issue, based on variables like age, gender, location and income level. We empower businessmen, political leaders, and decision makers to make smarter, better and informed decisions.
Western Wats has over 16 phone centers. Their Cebu, Phillipines facility being the only one outside North America, is proud to be the largest and fastest growing of them all. Strategically located inside the Mactan Export Processing Zone- 2 (MEZ-2), on the island of Mactan, Western Wats Philippines has successfully operated in the Philippines since August 2003. The Cebu phone center is a wholly owned subsidiary of Western Wats and is exclusively dedicated to survey research. The facility is directed by executive management at their headquarters in Orem, Utah. The center currently occupies three floors and employs more than 1,500 full time employees who operate 700 interviewing stations.
Western Wats have close to 300 clients, ranging from government agencies, auto manufacturing firms, advertising outfits, media organizations, print publications, and universities, to mid-sized grocers, small private businesses, non-profit groups, etc.
These are the jobs offered:
Helpdesk Telephone Support Technicians
If you apply for a job with Western Wats, these are what you can expect:
- No selling. No Telemarketing involved.
- They do not offer any Customer Service Assistance.
- They do not do conduct any Technical Support.
- They do not receive nor answer to the concerns of any irate callers.
- They have a fixed schedule.
- Certainly no shifting or rotation scheduling.
- More casual dress code is allowed.
- Two week paid training.
- Regularization of 95% after 5 months.
- Working students are offered flexible schedules.
- For individuals who wish to further their education, they grant study leave.
- Meritocracy is something they advocate. Western Wats offer equal employment opportunities and career advancement from within their ranks.
- They respect individuality, regardless of a person’s age, sexual preference, religion or culture.
- You can expect a clean, spacious and conducive workplace.
- They have a high retention rate with employee satisfaction.
Where can you find them?
Western Wats Philippines Incorporated
PIPC Building #7
MEZ II, Basak
Lapu-lapu City, 6015
Western Wats Philippines
Important Phone Numbers:
(032) 341- 3268 and (032) 341-3266
Human Resources Extension Number:
7527- HR Staff
Recruitment Extension Numbers:
7523 and 7522 – Recruitment Staff
Western Wats Philippines Operations
Shift Hours: 8:00 PM - 4:00 AM