Day Shift Call Center Jobs in The Philippines


I’ve had my time working on graveyard shift. In the Philippines, most of the call center jobs are on night shift since most of the programs which are outsourced here are based in the united States.

While I was earning a lot working at night, I came to a point where I realized, it wasn’t worth it anymore.
Let me share with you the pros and cons I considered, which led me to hunt for a day shift call center job.

Advantages of Being on a Graveyard Shift

  • Higher basic pay
  • Additional 20-30% night differential pay
  • No traffic

Disadvantages of Being on a Graveyard Shift

  • Less sleep. It is very seldom that I get to sleep for at least 6 hours.
  • My social life has become a thing of the past. My family life is also sacrificed since normal people are awake while I was asleep and vice versa. Or, even if I am awake most of the time, I just can’t find the strength to have fun with them due to lack of sleep.
  • Risky. Everytime I walk out of our house at night, I am always at risk of being held up, harassed, raped, or even killed, if you come to think about it. Most road accidents happen at night.   
  • Higher transportation expenses. Most of the time, taxi is the only available means of transportation.
  • I never enjoyed my rest days because everyone is either in school or at work.
  • I can’t plan on anything because my schedule was always unpredictable.

To sum it up, I felt more like a robot. I had no life. I had more money, sure. But it doesn’t serve its purpose anymore.

So here I am now, talking all day long with Kiwis (New Zealanders). My shift usually starts at 6 AM. By 3 PM, no one is on the floor anymore. No work on Christmas, New years, Holy Weeks and Sundays. I am now thinking of enrolling to that photography course that I have always dreamed of. I have more time with my family because we end the day at the same time. I earn less, but I have a life now.

To those who are looking for day shift call center job, look for call centers with Australian or Asia Pacific accounts. Even if it’s a technical support job that requires 24 hour shift rotation, believe that most of the time, you will be on a dayshift. Australia is only 3 hours advance to Manila time. Peak hours are during the day, for the obvious reason that they are awake when we are, and asleep at the same time that we should.
And just to make it easier for your day shift call center job hunt, check out these call centers:

·         24/7 Customer Care – Australian account
·         Orchids Cybertech – Australian account
·         Teleperformance – Australian account
·         Transcom – Australian account
·         Acquire Asia – Australian account
·         Sykes – Asia Pacific account
IBM Philippines – Asia Pacific account

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,may i ask what company do u work for?

Anonymous said...

I am working on a graveyardshift and I'm planning to leave my work. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

I am working on a graveyardshift and I'm planning to leave my work. Thanks for the info.

Did not find what you're looking for? Search here

Custom Search

Popular Posts